Sunday, January 15, 2017

January has not gone as planned #WritersLife

Maybe it's just me, but as an author I hate when my writing plans go awry. Halfway through the month and I haven't kept up on my blogging goals. Yes, contrary to notice, I intended to blog once a week.

Unfortunately, two illnesses decided to come at me at once, right after the New Year. It's not all bad news, though. I'm now on the mend and foresee that if I make sure to rest, I should get through the rest of the January without any more drama.
I might even manage one more blog before the end of the month. Don't quote me on that. I'm wary of goals at the moment.
 
There is good news. I've actually managed to get three chapters done on Clandestine Engagements, and the story is moving along at a nice clip. I'd love to get it finished soon and republished. I'm now at 34K words and counting. Quite the difference from a story that was first published as a short story of 1K words.

Anyway, I'm going to do a reset starting in February of my blogging goals. It's such a romantic month, how can I miss it.

Keep reading and if you'd like some snippets of my writing, please follow me on Twitter. I love playing hashtag theme games through the week, and usually participate daily.

Happy reading,
Mary

 

No comments:

Post a Comment