Monday, December 5, 2016

Ever Notice how December is full of #Romance?

The garland is hanging and all around the house is the sparkle and magic of Christmas. I love this season. While the official start of winter is on December 21st, I'm all ready for the cozy joy that is this most festive time of year.

Hot chocolate and a romantic movie are the perfect way to spend the chilly evenings. Surround yourself with presents and wrapping paper and it's a party.

Here's a list of some of my favorite holiday movies:

The Nutcracker (My favorite romantic ballet)

A Christmas Carol (the old ones, not the modern day remakes)

We're No Angels starring Humphrey Bogart

It's a Wonderful Life starring Jimmy Stewart

It Happened on 5th Ave

These are the movies I can watch over and over again and they never get old. I have many on DVD. Let's not forget the classic Christmas cartoons as well. I've already see, Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, and Frosty the Snowman. I missed A Charlie Brown Christmas, but I think it'll be on again.

There can never be too much love when it comes to the Christmas season. While we stress over shopping and presents, it's always nice to remember those we've loved and lost, as well as those we still have with us.

I released my contemporary romance, Bet Your Sweet Aces at Christmas time last year. It's a sassy romantic suspense story. Check it out if you'd like a good novella that demonstrates how true love wins over broken hearts.

Isn't it interesting how many of our favorite stories at this festive time of year have the theme of Love? What's your favorite movie or book for the holidays?

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment