Thursday, September 22, 2016

Bake or buy, What's your favorite Autumn Food?

It's finally Autumn and I've bought my first fresh pumpkin pie of the season. The stores also have their fresh pumpkin breads out. Yum. While I'm not a pumpkin connoisseur there are a lot of cookies, cakes and pies that I look forward to this time of year. My favorite combination is pumpkin and chocolate, so by default I love chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. I believe there is even pumpkin ice cream, though don't quote me on that.

I haven't tried pumpkin flavored coffee. I'm a bit leery. As a writer, coffee is very important to me and I'm a bit fussy when it comes to taste. I love butter rum cakes but hate butter rum coffee. The best coffee I ever tasted came fresh from Puerto Rico. It's was delicious, mild, and I could drink it forever.

Back to my pumpkin obsession. I think it's all the spices that go with pumpkin that make for such delicious desserts. I love the scent and flavor of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. When you cook with these, it just fills up the house and declares that Fall is here.

I do bake ginger cookies for the family. I use a box recipe, but I grate in a lot of fresh ginger to give the cookies a good kick of flavor. I think it's little personalized touches like that which can make a baker out of someone with no natural talent for baking. (me *grin*)

Lastly, there are the roasted pumpkin seeds. Mmmm. These I do with great success. I love how you can roast them with a little butter and salt for a simple snack, or dress them up with spices. They are delicious and always a favorite at my house.

What foods are you looking forward to baking or buying this Autumn season?

Sexify your life,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment