Wednesday, July 20, 2016

There are just some days...

There are some days that life seems determined to annoy, depress, or kick you around. I'll be the first to admit that those days don't lend themselves to great creativity, at least not in me. Sometimes, I get stuck in my own head and something small becomes all consuming.

Accepting that the rhythm of life is a series of up and down isn't always easy. You'd think as an erotic romance writer, I'd enjoy "up and down" more. *grin* But I digress.

This is just a note to those like myself that feel like the day is just not going well. Everything gets better. This moment, this trouble, this worry will pass, and likely not even be remembered next year.

That's the thing about life; we aren't alone. Whatever you're going through, someone can relate. If you're lucky enough to have a good friend, reach out. Too often we think being strong means keeping everything inside because otherwise we're weak.

Not true.

People care. Family, friends, lovers, even acquaintances, can be a kind ear to listen when you're having that rough day. Anyone who looks down on you, doesn't deserve your regard.

Life is too short to worry, and too precious to wallow in dark emotions.

Truth is, we don't ever know if we'll get a tomorrow. So, let's not let today be one of regrets. Go live your life, and let everything else (worries, stress, fear, unkind words, etc.) pass by as it will.

Thanks. I appreciate you reading.

Mary


 

No comments:

Post a Comment