Monday, December 1, 2014

What Do You Love about the Holiday Season?


I love the Christmas holiday season. There are sparkly lights everywhere, and it’s the one time of the year where decorating with glitter is never overdone. 

Last night, I saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert and it was an amazing experience. I try to go every year, if possible, because it’s uplifting, exciting, and reminds me that Christmas is about the simple joys in life. Okay and I admit, the men are sexy and have major swagger. ;-)

No matter whether there is dozens of presents under the tree or none at all, it’s those we love who bring the true meaning of Christmas to light. What do we remember about the holidays, anyway? Think about it and you’ll realize it’s being together with family and friends, sharing stories, good food and drinks, that make the season memorable.

A few of my favorite holiday movies are, Scrooge with George C. Scott, It’s A Wonderful Life, and Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey. The last mentioned is a cartoon that always manages to make me tear-up. 

 So, now you know my favorite music and movies for the season. What do you love about the holiday season? What makes this time of year special to you?

As you go out shopping for gifts, please remember to be kind to each other. Hold open a door, smile at a cashier, and be patient with your fellow shoppers. It’s the little kindnesses that can impact others in a big way.

Christmas Blessings to all,

Mary

Mary Corrales is a multi-published erotic romance author who writes in multiple genres. Chat with her on Twitter, or visit her website.

2 comments:

  1. I love the lights and the warm smell of Christmas baking. Makes me feel like a kid again!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. It's those sensory moments that really bring the Christmas season to life. :)

      Delete