Monday, February 11, 2013

The Importance of Love in an Author's Life

The approach of Valentine's Day has me thinking on what it means to truly love someone. We as humans are creatures in need of companionship. We have desires we act upon, but there is a deeper need within us all that has to do with bonding with someone on a soulful level.
Falling in love is exciting. It's filled with discovery when we are able to connect with someone we find attractive. That first date is almost magical as we learn more about the person. The best first date I ever had was with a friend. I'll never forget that night. It isn't what you might think. We spent the majority of the night just talking, as if we'd never talked before. It was intimate on a level I'd never experienced. Thinking of him makes me smile, even today.
Anyway, as we near Valentine's Day I'm reminded how important love is to humanity. We are not gifted with an infinite time, so we must make the most of the time we have with those we love. It is a beautiful gift to be told, "I love you" and is something that should be said without ulterior motives.
Finding that special someone to love, can often take time but it's never too late to fall in love. Connections happen on a daily basis. So long as you don't compromise your integrity or denigrate you worth, you will find that special someone to love you as you deserve.
Love isn't about money or gifts, it's about honor. The heart requires that we find its equal and for that person to be worthy of our love. It's better to wait for the right one, than waste your life with the wrong one.
Never be discouraged by a lack of romantic love in your life. So long as there is breath within you, love is possible. If the love has fizzled in your relationship, remember that your hearts once spoke to one another, so get them talking again.
This is why I write romance. I believe in love and all the wonderful things it brings to a life. Whether I love one man or many in my lifetime, I will always be willing to share my heart with the man strong enough to love me.
Happy reading, 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I especially like your last paragraph and agree with it 100%. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Ivy. Yep, it may take a while to find the right man but he's always worth the time and effort.

      Delete