Monday, November 26, 2012

The Last Week of November

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I manage to continue to indulge in wonderful leftovers, but now I've noticed that my waistline has expanded a bit. Yes, I know the effects of overindulgence in many areas *wink* but we won't get into that.
Sadly, I'm not a creature of moderation, otherwise I could just eat less, and therefore I'm forced to exercise to retrieve my waistline. Yes, I do tend to do things the hard way, but considering the tamale dinner and sweets I'm expecting to enjoy for Christmas, I accept my fate.
Walking might be the best exercise for those unwanted pounds but I've have found another; decorating for Christmas. Yes, believe it or not, decorating takes me days. I hang garlands and lights and other decorations. This year I've found battery operated Christmas lights and am lighting up every wreath I can get my hands on.
I'm not neglecting my belly dancing exercises, of course. Those are great for strengthening your stomach muscles and pulling in that waistline at the sides. Bulging out over the top of my jeans doesn't make me happy, so a little sweating is worth the effort.
Unfortunately, I have a slice of cheesecake left in the refrigerator and it'll have to be tended to before the night is over. No, I won't do anything inappropriate like throw it away. I'll give it a proper burial in my tummy.
If only writing worked off pounds. *sigh*
Mary

2 comments:

  1. I think the song "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" should be changed to "It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas." Although Thanksgiving up our way is in October, we make up for it with office parties and home parties and my Mum's birthday...and then Christmas. So, here's to a new version

    It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas
    My waist is starting to grow
    When I look in the mirror tonight
    I'll see my pants are too tight
    Yes, that panty line has got to go...

    or something like that. I'm glad you had a good thanks giving and sorry for the LONG comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I love the song, and it sums things up perfectly. :)

    Thanks for popping by!

    ReplyDelete