Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Going to MFRW Summer Camp, are you?

I'm planning for a busy weekend this July 14th and 15th. Yes, I'll be attending the Marketing for Romance Writer's Summer Camp. There are several things I love about this event that everyone is able to attend.
1)      IT'S ONLINE – I don't even have to change out of my pj's or brush my hair, much less do the makeup and nice shoes thing. It'll be held entirely online on a yahoo group.
2)      FREE – It's free to attend. Just sign up for the mfrw group and you're ready to go.
3)      MORE THAN ROMANCE – This camp will feature discussions on social media and marketing as well. I'm personally looking forward to the discussion time about Triberr, and twitter. I'm also looking forward to the blogging 101 class.
4)      RESOURCES – The Mfrw group has been a favorite yahoo group of mine for a long time, and once you join you can also go to the links on the left sidebar and find great resources on almost everything related to writing and promotion.
5)      SUPPORT – I have not found a more supportive and professional group that I can turn to for technical help than this one. No question is stupid and everyone is eager to help. When I needed technical answers and help with my blog, this is the group I turned to. I still need help with learning Triberr, so this is a perfect event.

Here is the link for the MFRW Schedule. See what classes you'd like to attend and then join the MFRW yahoo group. It's that easy.
Who else will be attending this weekend?  Of course, if you can't attend, you can always join and read through messages later. That's the beauty of a yahoo group.
Oh, here are two tips if you are attending:
1)      Trim messages – If you ask a question, or reply, please remember to trip off the original portion of the message so only your contribution shows, otherwise the message gets too long.
2)      Set your membership to Special notice, or Digest if you don't want tons of Individual emails that day. Special Notice will only send you an email notice when a new class is starting.
Okay, I'm off to get snack supplies, and decided some easy to microwave meals for the weekend. If you have any other questions that I might be able to answer, please ask. I'll answer or point you in the right direction, anyway.  J
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment